Re: [TR] Dumb tire and tube question

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Dumb tire and tube question
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:32:05 EST
In a message dated 1/10/2009 12:30:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@ca.rr.com writes:

Vredestein Sprint+
tires in 165-15 at a local tire store  (Performance Plus in Long Beach, CA).
$59/tire; he didn't mention whether  that included mounting and balancing

Wow. I would run right over and buy these at that price.  From  my experience
going back to my 61 VW, Vredestein is a good tire.  I bought  one in an
emergency situation from Tires Unlimited at $118 per tire a few years  back.
Long story longer I blew a tire with wire wheels going to Jekyl Island for
VTR Regionals.  My wife was flying in to meet me as she had business in
Chicago and I knew I would never lose the dumb shit tag if we got a flat going
home
with no spare, as she was riding with me.  Took the tire and wheel to  an
'expert' wire wheel shop in the local town.  75 miles into the trip  going home
the tire went flat.  Rest of the 425 mile trip with no  spare!

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO

http://www.vtr.org