Re: [TR] Dumb tire and tube question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Dumb tire and tube question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:17:49 -0800
> Jeremiah, I ordered a set of 165/80R-15 Kumho Power Star 758's from the
> Tire
> Rack for my 59 TR3a on 12/20/08 and they were delivered last Tuesday.

I just spoke with Vance at Tire Rack.  He tells me that Kumho has actually
discontinued the 165/80-15 size, which is why it's been removed from the
Tire Rack web site.  However, they do have a "few sets" left in a warehouse
in Delaware, so if you want a set, better call now.

You can reach Vance at 888-541-1777 ext 314.

He also said that Tire Rack has no plans to offer the 165/80-15 size in the
future.  None of their current tire brands offers it, and I guess they won't
be adding another brand just for this size.

BTW, Vredestein's web site has a dealer locator function.  Not sure how
accurate or inclusive it is, but it did come up with the Performance Plus
dealer that Norm found in Long Beach, CA.
http://www.vredestein.com/Dealerlocator_Dealerinfo.asp?UserSessionID=73

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net