[TR] Distributor help

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Distributor help
From: "Pete Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 19:51:11 -0400

--===============7681335379687380197==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000B_01D07235.5CE44000"

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01D07235.5CE44000
        charset="UTF-8"

I have a =E2=80=9856 TR3 with a 40798B Lucas distributor installed.  It =
has been in the car for the last 35 years and has worked fine.  =
I=E2=80=99m cleaning up the engine while the body is out for paint, =
mostly detailing and fixing leaks.  It was rebuilt some time ago but has =
very low miles on it since the rebuild.  Anyway, I had the distributor =
apart to clean it up and found that the vacuum unit isn=E2=80=99t =
working.  I went to the big three to find a vacuum unit and my =
distributor isn=E2=80=99t listed.  In fact, I can=E2=80=99t find a =
reference for this distributor at all except that moss lists a cam to =
fit it under their TR3 section.  None of the vacuum units available are =
made to this distributor.  Can anyone give me an idea of where this =
distributor is used?  It obviously can be used in a TR3, but what is the =
difference from the ones listed in the parts books?  Finally, does =
anyone know of a place to find a vacuum unit for this distributor?  Any =
and old help is greatly appreciated.
Pete
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01D07235.5CE44000
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>I have a =E2=80=9856 TR3 with a 40798B Lucas distributor =
installed.&nbsp; It has=20
been in the car for the last 35 years and has worked fine.&nbsp; =
I=E2=80=99m cleaning up=20
the engine while the body is out for paint, mostly detailing and fixing=20
leaks.&nbsp; It was rebuilt some time ago but has very low miles on it =
since the=20
rebuild.&nbsp; Anyway, I had the distributor apart to clean it up and =
found that=20
the vacuum unit isn=E2=80=99t working.&nbsp; I went to the big three to =
find a vacuum=20
unit and my distributor isn=E2=80=99t listed.&nbsp; In fact, I =
can=E2=80=99t find a reference=20
for this distributor at all except that moss lists a cam to fit it under =
their=20
TR3 section.&nbsp; None of the vacuum units available are made to this=20
distributor.&nbsp; Can anyone give me an idea of where this distributor =
is=20
used?&nbsp; It obviously can be used in a TR3, but what is the =
difference from=20
the ones listed in the parts books?&nbsp; Finally, does anyone know of a =
place=20
to find a vacuum unit for this distributor?&nbsp; Any and old help is =
greatly=20
appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>Pete</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7681335379687380197==--