Re: [TR] TR3 gearbox oil leak

To: Jonas Payne <jpaynepbr@cox.net>, 'Randall' <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 gearbox oil leak
From: David Porter <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 14:26:23 -0700
..before I get blasted.. a little history.. back in the seventies
Triumphs were experiencing many gear box failures. They sent  a factory
rep to our shop (for one).. turns out the change to 80-90 gear lube was
the culprit... Use 30wt non detergent, aftermarket transmission specific
or even ATF.. no worries with general sealants that way..
dp

--
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive