Re: [TR] TR6 brake master cylinder

To: Cliff Hansen <cliff_hansen@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 brake master cylinder
From: rbtr3a@cox.net
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 09:35:58 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>

--Apple-Mail-DADD3677-E925-48EB-9607-407D4A879153
        charset=us-ascii

I have flushed using denatured alcohol then flushed with compressed air at l=
ow psi=20

Ronnie

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 11:06 PM, Cliff Hansen <cliff_hansen@outlook.com> wrot=
e:
>=20
> I had to change all the hoses - they all leaked after I switched to DOT5. I=
'd already rebuilt the calipers and cylinders and had new brake lines  I sup=
pose I shouldn't had reused the hoses.
>=20
> Cliff
>=20
> Get Outlook for iOS
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 7:29 PM -0700, "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net> w=
rote:
>=20
> Randall,
> Interesting. I have been running DOT3 in my TR4A since I got the car
> drivable (about 2 years now) and only used DOT3 because there was a big
> sticker on the side of the master cylinder telling me "USE ONLY DOT 3 BRAK=
> FLUID OR WARRENTY IS VOID". I was wondering how big a PIA it would be to
> flush out the DOT3 fluid and replace it with DOT5. I have read many posts o=
> this list where people have used DOT 5 with no issues so I am considering
> changing over as I should probably replace the current fluid after 2 years=

> anyway.
> Dave Connitt
>=20

cox.net

--Apple-Mail-DADD3677-E925-48EB-9607-407D4A879153
        charset=utf-8

alcohol then flushed with compressed air at low
Hansen &lt;<a
href="mailto:cliff_hansen@outlook.com";>cliff_hansen@outlook.com</a>&gt;

I'd already rebuilt the calipers and cylinders and had new brake lines &nbsp;I
suppose I shouldn't had reused the hoses.</div>
iOS</a></div>
&lt;<a href="mailto:dconnitt@fuse.net";
Interesting. I have been running DOT3 in my TR4A since I got the car<br>
drivable (about 2 years now) and only used DOT3 because there was a big<br>
sticker on the side of the master cylinder telling me "USE ONLY DOT 3 BRAKE<br>
FLUID OR WARRENTY IS VOID". I was wondering how big a PIA it would be to<br>
flush out the DOT3 fluid and replace it with DOT5. I have read many posts on<br>
this list where people have used DOT 5 with no issues so I am considering<br>
changing over as I should probably replace the current fluid after 2 years<br>
anyway.<br>
Dave Connitt<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>