[Fot] safety switches

Subject: [Fot] safety switches
From: tjwakeman at gmail.com (TeriAnn J. Wakeman)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 06:22:47 -0700
On 5/26/18 4:39 AM, Duncan Charlton via Fot wrote:
> I fitted one to a road car (1971 Morgan Plus 8) so I???m not sure how
> a race car???s level of vibration and sudden jolts to a stiffer
> suspension would affect it. ?I pulled one out of a junkyard Ford
> Taurus. ?I put it where I can reset it from the driver???s seat but
> have never had to reset it in 20,000 miles or so of mostly road use
> and a small amount of short road course track and autocross use.

I fitted one out of an '80s Mustang into my leaf sprung Land Rover when
I converted the truck to EFI. I placed it in easy reach of the driver's
seat in case it wanted to turn off while I was rock crawling or driving
across river rocks. After a decade of off road travel with a leaf sprung
truck there have been no negative issues with it. Besides. if it gives
you trouble you can always remove the safety feature.

TeriAnn