Re: [TR] TR3A Choke Question

To: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Choke Question
From: "Wbeech@flash.net" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 22:06:49 -0600
Cc: triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim,
Sounds too lean, the wizards will have some great answers, but hereâ??s what I
would do after re-checking the timing and advance.

1. Enriched the mixture, one flat at a time, and see if that helps.  Had the
same effect has the choke being slightly pulled out.

1a. Check plugs, are they black?   If so then too rich and you turned out too
many flats.

2. What oil are you using in the dashpots?  SU recommends 20 weight.

3. Disconnect the choke cable and see how free it moves, might be a kink
somewhere.  I have always found the setup to be a bit stiff, when my arthritis
kicks up I need two hands.

Good luck,
Bill B
TS 30800L