Re: [TR] TR3A Choke Question

To: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com> ZJ5McjddTk834xnka5Otx3scy6oF7xnBTcW45o4p+ydzpaLOtJUollKTa/62NwlmGdMkBuiHJAwdsOrXRHIic8kz6bSOzznUv7cIj92jwLdGTlDJVDc/0Ji9 w6HNiq3m2S0/qbSlVPQeNzGfyxpHhQ1THcAoLcdV0VQktni+urU8Nh7t0QLqkpIeqT20lpni72wqooqPvUQggQ==
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Choke Question
From: Thomas Fansher <tfansher@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 07:50:22 -0500
Cc: triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim, I agree that enriching one flat at a time is the way to go.  Jere Dotten
taught me a long time ago that the easiest way to pull the choke is to fully
engage the accelerator pedal while doing so...that way all the choke is doing
is pulling down the jet. Also, the choke on the 3 has three settings, the first
is just fast idle, the second click should enrich the mixture a little, and
then full choke enriches the mixture the full amount. Makes things a lot
easier.  I finally ready to see the â??new 3â?? - need the room for the TR4
rebuild that Iâ??ve put off way too long.
Hope this helps
Tom
60 TR3A
61 TR3A - since 1972
62 TR4
73 Stag
2000 S2000 since new

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 6:51 PM, Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have finished rebuilding the carbs, new carb linkage etc.  Unfortunately
> after all this tuning the carbs hesitate at first push of the pedal.  They
> kind of go  huhh  then rev the engine. It's a hesitation.  Seems to be
> better with choke on.   The choke cable is hard to pull out.  Takes two ands
> to pull out and then twist to lock.  That's to really get the choke levers
> to move both jets down.  Is this normal or maybe I need a new choke cable.
> I think the resistance is in the mechanism engineering.  Any thoughts on
> aither issue.  Hard choke pull or hesitation.
> Thanks
> Jim Henningsen (aka still learning the 3)
> Ocala, FL
> 61 TR3A
> 62 TR4
> 75 TR6