tvr

Red rubber grease

To: tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Red rubber grease
From: breedon@ucdhep.ucdavis.edu
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 02:25:30 -0800
HI,

I am in the process of replacing the seals of one of my rear brake cylinders
with parts from a Moss kit. The kit came with a packet of TVS-Girling
Red Rubber Grease and no instructions. My Haynes TR6 manual mentions only
coating the piston seal with brake fluid, nothing about red rubber grease.
>From web browsing I have been able to figure out that I am to coat the inside
of the cylinder dust cap with the grease, and also perhaps the rubber dust
cover on the back of the cylinder, but what about the piston seal? One site
dedicated, I think, to Land Rovers, suggested coating the piston seal and
the piston itself with the red rubber grease. Does anyone have any
recommendations for the TR6 brakes on my car?

Thanks,

Richard
1974 2500M

///