Re: More musings on life, RACING,VARA, and now TIRES!!!

To: simon@LSIL.COM
Subject: Re: More musings on life, RACING,VARA, and now TIRES!!!
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 20:25:23 -0500
> From: simon@LSIL.COM (Simon Favre)
> To: MHKitchen@aol.com
> Subject: Re: More musings on life, RACING,VARA, and now TIRES!!!
> On all the more common
> Alfas that are now CSRG elligible, the original rim size was 4.5x15.
> You can't get any 60 series tire to fit that rim. The original tire
> size was 155-15, with many people running 165-15 on the street...
> This would be a perfectly legal tire but for the
> fact that the rim is 1.5 inches wider. 5 and 5.5 inch wide rims are not
> generally available.
On my Alfa 1600 Spider, I run 5.5 X 15 Panasport lites. They're not common,
but available; call Mas at Panasport. You can even get them custom machined
(like mine) to jsut clear the brakes.
These rims are very happy with CompT/A 185/70s or 500-15 Hoosiers. Light
too!
Happy Holidays!'Jim

Jim Hayes - Alfa nut
jeh@fotec.com  tel:1-800-537-8254   fax:1-617-396-6395
Vintage racing '59 & '62 Alfa Spiders. Street ride: '57 Spider.
On the web: http://www.std.com/fotec/jim.htm
All generalizations, with the possible exception of this one, are false.