Vintage Racing Philosophy

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Vintage Racing Philosophy
From: MHKitchen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 23:39:02 -0500
Hi all,
Maybe I feel ornery tonight, or I just like to stir things up, but I thought
I'd pose a topic for some discussion.  I hear lots of people say how vintage
racing should focus on the cars and their preservation.  I disagree.  I find
vintage racing to be a unique and fun-filled experience that is as much about
the socializing and making new friends as it is about whether my car has the
proper wheel trim ring.  Now before you all "spam" me with hate E-mail, let
me also state that I think the cars should be kept as "period" as possible
with some concessions for safety, and the availability of replacement
components.

I also think there are some noteworthy folks out there racing vintage cars
today that deserve as much respect as some the original drivers.

Am I wrong, or don't you agree that people are as much a part of vintage
racing as the cars????  (About to hit the SEND button, hope I don't start a
war here!!!)

Interested to hear your thoughts.....

Myles H. Kitchen
MHKitchen@aol.com