Vintage Racing Philosophy -Reply

To: MHKitchen@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Vintage Racing Philosophy -Reply
From: Brian Evans <BEVANS@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 16:06:05 -0500
stuff deleted...
I also think there are some noteworthy folks out there racing vintage
cars today that deserve as much respect as some the original drivers.

Am I wrong, or don't you agree that people are as much a part of
vintage racing as the cars????  (About to hit the SEND button, hope I
don't start a war here!!!)

Interested to hear your thoughts.....

Myles H. Kitchen
MHKitchen@aol.com
1965 Lotus Cortina Mk1 #128

I have been vintage racing, with VARAC (Canada) for seven years
now.  i started because of the people, and grew to enjoy the racing and
the cars just as much, but certainly not more.  i go vintage racing to
Race, with my friends, in cars that satisfy my creative urge to resore
and enhance.  I absolutley race  when I'm on the track, as hard as I can,
yet I rarely win.  my great joy is weekends like St Jovite last year when I
shared a canopy with Roger Garnett and his blue Sprite, had help
changing a Diff in my MG Midget,  ran faster than some (Roger included,
hee hee hee) and slower than others, and met a whole bunch of
VSCDA drivers and their cars.  Racing, people and cars, in equal
porportions, made for a great weekend.

Regards, Brian Evans VARAC # 63, '67 Cooper S and '61 Midget.