Re: Historic Stock Cars

To: tmatycho@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Historic Stock Cars
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 13:17:51 -0500 (EST)
Tom:

I don't know much about your west coast tracks and events, but can tell you
for certain that here in the East, spectators are a major part of the
incentive for tracks to hold a big event. Unfortuneately, the race
organizations rarely share that revenue, and I think that is part of the
problem. Sponsorship is probably the best way to get enough money to put on a
good event, but that has proven difficult to obtain regularly.

It would seem that with "all this money" floating around, that entry fees
could be reduced, or eliminated all together. Even our local dirt track pays
money to the top finishers. It may only be $100 to win and $20 for fifth
place, but it all comes from spectators and sponsors.

Closed events without spectators will always cost the entrants. How could it
be any other way?

JW