Re: lack of interest

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: lack of interest
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 16:49:35 -0800
Actually I have a bigger oil puddle under my openwheeler than I do under
the Triumph.  Maybe the forumla car is just eager to learn from it's
older brethren.

As for the activity on the list, I know a lot of folks that follow the
conversations but just don't choose to participate actively most of the
time.  As always, it takes a few extroverts to keep a good conversation
going, and I thank those of you that do.

off season blues?  please, allow me to make you feel just a tad worse.
Our vintage group here in Florida just had it's now third annual race at
Homestead last weekend.  A nice turnout of the regulars and a few that
have not been seen for a while.  Great track for lower horsepower cars.
come see it with the SVRA next year.  Weather was great, but the sunburn
is really painfull.

Thanksgiving weekend we will be at Sebring for the "Turkey Trot" race
that includes our vintage group.  And then for either the year end race
or the beinning of next year, depending on your point of view, we are
the featured support group for the 24 hour race at Moroso on Jan 2.  Our
race is just before the start of that fiasco.

Barely an off season here in paradise.