Re: lack of interest

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: lack of interest
From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 12:02:13 -0800
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

> John,
>   <.. snip ..>
>
> Last word I heard was a field of 10 100S's, 10 100-4s, 30 100-6/3000's,
> 10 Sprites, and 10 Healeys (Silverstones, Nash Healeys, etc.) Every
> works car that ever ran at LeMans and is in race trim will be there.
> Every ex-works driver that's not in a rest home and can qualify for an
> FIA Historic license will be driving.

Hmm... Sounds like I should invest in some European oil-dry stock...

> I have a VMC license. The FIA Historic is issued through SCCA and FIA in
> the US. it would seem that some cooperation between VMC and these other
> organizations in recognizing each others credentials might be a good
> idea. Love to hear some discussion on this.

At most of the SCCA Central Florida Region hosted Vintage event, any VMC
affiliated competition license is honored; the same is true for our
support event of the "Longest Night" 24-hour enduro on January 1-3.
Each entrant must still be a member of SCCA, but they don't require an
SCCA-issued competition license for that event.  It seems to make sense
in our events since the vehicle eligibility requirements tends to weed
out most of the Yahoo attitudes, leaving those that understand the
Vintage spirit and conduct requirements.

> <.. snip ..>
>
> This is a once and a lifetime opportunity for me and many of us
> participating. It's also quite expensive as you can imagine. So my
> winter months this year are being spent preparing the car along with my
> Team Thicko teamates. Tom Colby, of Speedwell in California has offered
> to help with some items I need. Victory Lane has indicated they'd like
> to do a story on this adventure... so the Team Thicko Tireless
> Self-Promotion continues to pay off.
>
> Send sponsors my way!
>
> WST
> Team Thicko

Sounds just too cool!!!  You're right; it sounds like an event to be
remembered forever!  I wish you the best of luck and don't forget to
take a camera - 35mm and in-car video.  There could be a lot of interest
in both.  Now get back to the garage!!

*8o)