Tires

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tires
From: hayes@mediaone.net
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 12:21:31 -0500
Doug Meis wrote:

>( I can hardly drift my small bore car
>with sticky tires - just don't have the power to hold the tail out
>there.  It just slows down until it's not drifting anymore)

Quite the opposite problem I have on my '62 Alfa 1600 Spider. Using the
Hoosier Vintage TDs, I spend all my time hunting for traction. Just like
the good old days.
When I ran the BFG Comp T/A R1 radials, I had to drive quite
differently, and while they were as fast, they were nowhere near as much
fun.
If vintage groups got together and set up a common tire spec,
manufacturers would be happy too. Only problem is "vintage" spans so
many years and designs.
Any VMC Board members on the list? Why don;t they get into this?
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm