Re: Tires

To: mra@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Tires
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 18:39:05 -0500 (EST)
I agree that size is the main parameter for selecting eligible tires. That is
measured size rather than the manufacturer's designated or advertised size.
We base the correct size on the racing tires that a car would or could have
used at the end of it's eligibility period.

I think we are pretty much in agreement on the basic issues. We differ
somewhat on eligibility matters.

The most frustrating part of establishing and maintaining an eligible tire
list, is that some manufacturers charge a tire significantly without changing
the designation. BFG is famous for that. The Comp T/A R-1 used to be a
reasonably suitable tire for a lot of our cars. The newest designs are almost
as bad as the Goodyear GSCS, and Hoosier Radial insofar as being almost a
slick, and a radial one to boot.

Jack Woehrle