Re: crack-up at the historics

To: Tony Drews <tmccis@revealed.net>
Subject: Re: crack-up at the historics
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:35:09 -0500
Whoa, guys.  i did not see the incident, but have problems with it being
described as
an ill-advised charge down the inside.  Too many of these incidents are the
result of a
"racer" who does not use his or her mirrors and give way when someone has gotten
inside.  A "charge down the inside" is the essential roadracing pass, and
requires the
driver who has been passed to be aware and to concede the line if the passing
car got
there before he did.  I understand that there are some vintage racers who would
prefer
a parade.  Me, I like races and racers, not poseurs who don't bother to learn
how to do
it.  Nomex on.  Fire away.  John