Re: Monterey Historics

To: JXLmail@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics
From: LMR356@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 09:38:26 EDT
>From Jim L (56 BN2)  <<<<writes...Looks like I got the final go-ahead for the
trip (to Monterey Historics).  So, If you see a guy with a purple backpack
and tripod, that's me, with my 4x5, stop by and say hi." >>>>

Jim....have a blast from the past...plan to get out there early each
day...and try to spend some quality time at the top of the hill next to the
"corkscrew" turn.   If you time it just right....you can see 2/3rds of the
race (looking down the hill ...away from the corkscrew) ....run over the the
other side...see the all action at the corkscrew.....and then run back to
catch the race.... heading toward Start/Finish and the first 5 turns again.
It's great exercise and lots of fun....but might want to leave the tripod!

Best racing,

Lee Raskin
Brooklandville, MD  21022
( a grateful participant ...'98 Monterey Historics ---356A Coupe)