Re: Monterey Historics

To: JXLmail@aol.com
Subject: Re: Monterey Historics
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 19:02:45 -0700
See http://www.laguna-seca.com/00hist-tkt.htm or just http://www.laguna-seca.com
for info. Buy the tickets now, if you're going. The other events to see are
the Pebble Beach Concours on Sunday (Also expen$ive), and the Monterey Sports
Car Auction typically at the Doubletree in town. Forget lodging. You'll probably
have to commute to the event from San Jose, which is about 2-3 hours in traffic.
Most hotels in the Monterey/Salinas area jack up their rates by 50-100% for that
weekend. It's their biggest of the year. The rooms disappear around March. =:0

You'll miss the Concours Italiano, which is on Friday, but has one of the most
massive post-event traffic jams you'll ever see.