Re: trailer stuff

To: dthompson@videotron.ca, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trailer stuff
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:11:11 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/00 4:39:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dthompson@videotron.ca writes:

<< I don't understand. You are saying that the trailers on the web site are
 NOT what you bought and are NOT the ones designed by Hugh Kleinpeter? Or
 are you saying they are but the company is out of business?

 I would like to know because the ones on the web site look pretty good
 to me. >>

Sorry for the lack of clarity.  The website at "www.aeroflowtrailers.com" is
correct.  Those are the trailers built and sold by Hugh Kleinpeter.  I have a
15 foot Aeroflow and it is fantastic.  It is an elegant solution to the
problems raised in these discussions.

What I was trying to say is that Hugh sold his remaining stock of trailers
months ago.  His fiberglass man retired and Hugh, being the perfectionist,
couldn't find anyone else who could work at Hugh's high standards.  Aeroflow
is not out of business, just permanently out of stock, if there is a
distinction.  Hugh did tell me he would like to sell the company (molds,
spares, equipment, etc.) if he could find a buyer.

Hugh is the Royale dealer, a racer of considerable note (he holds the Old
Course Record at VIR) and was a long time Wells Cargo dealer.  He designed
the Aeroflow to solve the many problems with the box enclosed trailer.  As
another poster noted, Hugh was pretty sick this spring/summer.  He received
treatment at the University of Virginia Medical Center in June and when I
last talked to him (July) was improving steadily.

David Whiteside