Re: Summit Point Zoning Woes

To: "Jim Hill" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Summit Point Zoning Woes
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:07:30 -0000
a neighborhood with a race track and trains!  wow sign me up!  what a little
slice of utopia it would be.
but seriously,  think about it.  if someone were to report to the list whom
to reply to with what type of information(a letter to local gov. ,etc.?) .
we could make the difrence!  this list has enough both professional and non
professional members to be a force to be reconed with.   so rather than hash
it out indefinitly getting nowhere, why don't we decide to act upon this
informetion and offer assistance in the form of suport to the track.    what
would be acceptable?  i am uncertain. but if i were given some information
to act upon responsibly i think i would do something to assist a venue i
value.  and same goes for the other end of the country , even if i am not
able to get there for what ever reason.    as a child i grew up going racing
with my father and his friends.  most of the places i went in my youth are
no longer there.   i was just a child and i miss those places in my life
now.  i can not imagine how drivers and enthusiasts that spectated and raced
at the places long closed feel looking back.   i realise many of you do not
know me , but i really am interested in vintage racing and it's history.
what little of it i carry with me and i am able to purchase and preserve is
very importaint to me.  what we have today will be tomorrow's history!
what is not preserved today will not be there for us tomorrow.  so instead
of going over and over the facts, act upon them .

chuck.
hey!  i admit it i have scale model trains!  it's the winter thing to do at
my house!...c.   :)