Re: Summit Point Zoning Woes

To: Mactds@aol.com
Subject: Re: Summit Point Zoning Woes
From: Joseph_Chimbolo@hyperion.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:38:34 -0500
I strongly suggest taking a different approach and attitude regarding the
community and the "track"
Get the community involved in the Summit Point track.  Running races, Bicycle
races.  Community fairs.  Add more value
to the community, not just dollars.  Open the facility free of charge to the
fire departments and police.  Give
teenagers a place to learn to drive, safely.

I am not sure what they currently do, but being a good neighbor means more than
dollars.  Things have
changed and if we want more tracks built, we need to show how a track can
co-exist in a community.  That
means noise restriction and limiting hours of operation.   Cooperation is what
is needed, on both sides.

Bridgehampton did not offer much to the community, sadly.  The "we were here
first" attitude tends not to work.

So, think about a big pictue.  If the tables were turned, how would you want
your concerns addressed?

Mactds@aol.com on 12/05/2000 09:04:29 PM

Please respond to Mactds@aol.com