Re: Safety - originality - competitiveness

To: Rogsie@telesistech.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Safety - originality - competitiveness
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 17:14:17 EST
In a message dated 12/05/2000 4:48:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Rogsie@telesistech.com writes:

<<you could "win"
 big with a Renault Dauphine>>

<<how about the R8 your predecessor at SVRA raced.>>

You've got a good memory, Roger. That was Roger Cope, who was actually the
General Manager under Ford Heacock. And it was an R8 Gordini. The Gordini had
two side draft carbs and a hot cam. However, I don't think the extra power
was enough to overcome the weight of the extra carb!

The was actually a Gordini version of the Dauphine. My mother had a Dauphine
when I was in high school. Every time I drove it I broke something, and I was
finally forbidden to touch the pathetic little thing.

jw