Re: Looking for a book/book shop

To: <nick@3rdtech.com>, <hayes@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for a book/book shop
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:50:26 -0500
Thanks Jim,

I looked in my folder last night and couldn't find the reference. Then
remembered it was Motorbooks. Seems like we came up from tube at Leicester
Square. We actually came back for an expensive book I couldn't justify on my
1st visit, but they were closed Sunday. I have never found that book anywhere
else, and I think they only had the one and sold it, 'cause I wrote back later
to buy it by mail.

Roger

>>> Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net> 02/14/01 10:47PM >>>
Motorbooks is the bookstore around the corner, in an alley (St.
Martins)  alongside the theaters. They have auto, aviation and railway
books - mostly new - the biggest selection I have ever seen. I never get
out empty-handed. If you follow the alley to the next street (Charing
Cross Rd.) and take a left, there are several mega-bookstores on the
other side of the block - Foyles is the biggest and best.
Two blocks away, to the NE, is a shop that sells antique scientific
instruments, which is another source of temptation!
I found it on mapquest.com. Seach in the UK for Charing Cross in London,
maximize zoom and go west one click. I'll drop in the link below - don;t
know if it will work as it's 4 lines long!

Regards, Jim

http://mapquest.com/cgi-bin/ia_find?link=btwn/twn-map_results&west=1&uid=u9t1
v3ncrhw9xdrd:8agzbllf2&SNVData=3mad3-96,hr%3b8ndua2%3d%3d2l9f,bb6%7c_RBHMWJ%2
bU%12N%15MW%40%2bCX%11%15IW%40%2bMW%40%2bU%13%3a%28_%3d%18P_du8n16%28.902w%3d
0,rb%3b7%3bb5m-r2qfj5m%3be10h%284,vkj3m%28LQBJ%11M%2bS%17CEJ%11%24%2bNBLEX%11
%24%2bJ%11%24%2bSV&pcat=

--
Jim Hayes                  Fotec/Cable U
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.CableU.net