Re: Girls in racing

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <john.r.hildebrand@us.pwcglobal.com>,
Subject: Re: Girls in racing
From: "Eric Swanger" <ericsmgs@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 21:58:55 -0300
The most important thing about taking your kids racing is that your spending
time with them.  They will remember that for the rest of their lives.  You
don't have to cram your interests down their throats, just expose them to
different things in life.  Who knows what that may spark to lead them into a
career, hobby, or whatever.  One of the things my wife and I have always
tried to do is raise well rounded kids with different interests who can
carry on a conversation on almost anything.  This involves dance, piano,
baseball, karate, and yes - racing.  While safety is a concern, I don't
think they are too young to start - at any age.  Our oldest daughter made
her first trip to the Chimney Rock Hill Climb (not gone) at age 5 months.
Now our 2 year old enjoys racing maybe even more than the older two.  As we
recently pulled into the paddock at Road Atlanta she exclaimed - "Daddy,
it's racing time"!
Treasure the time you spend with your kids and spend as much time as you can
with them.  If you don't spend time with them, someone else will - by your
choice or not.  The time you spend with them when they are young will
usually translate into more time they spend with you when they are older.
And who knows, they may just find an enjoyable hobby to spend with dear old
Dad!

Eric Swanger