Re: Engine limits?

To: haynes386@netzero.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine limits?
From: "Roger Sieling" <sarl45@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 08:11:19 -0400
Mark,

I have some old literature on these XSP engines. I also have a 948 based
XSP, which was in my Sprite when it ran at LeMans and Nassau Speed Week. I
can tell you what limits the factory used at that time. The rods you have
shouldn't be the 1100 ones, but special steel ones that just look like 1100
full floaters.

You will also find that main bearings cannot be bought off the shelf. They
are special to that engine. Do you have the special intake mainfold for
1-1/2" SU's with no chokes?

Roger