Re: Engine limits?

To: Roger Sieling <sarl45@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Engine limits?
From: Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 08:44:02 -0600
Roger- I've heard that the XSP's ran in Sprites at LeMans, and possibly
Daytona, but have never had any 1st hand reports of it. Nice to know
that they
did, in fact, run there. Does the literature mention a reev limit? (of
course,
if it did you probably would have said so). The rods have 1100 stamped
onto the
big end (on the long side) and don't, it's true, look just like the
948's in
terms of the casting appearance (different materails, different casting
technique). if you could find a way to get me copies of the literature,
I'd be
very grateful.
    Why aren't the mains the same as the 948's? They've got the same
crank
diameter, though
the center main is reinforced as cast.-Are they wider?, I haven't
checked one
vs the other. And where do you find beearings for them if they aren't
normal?-Just getting info on these motors has been difficult.
        No, I don't have the intake that you're refering to, but I do have
access to an FJ XSP Intake and 40DCOE as originally run in FJ ca.1962

Mark