Re: Monterey problems

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monterey problems
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:32:01 -0400
I don't know anything about Monterey but if it is anything like the
situation at Elkhart Lake  - all I can say is the BRIC is so much better
than the old Chicago Historics used to be.  From a rag tag event with
marginal organization making a profit for one man to a well organized
professionally run event - everyone wins (except one man).  Of course it
helps that the general manager is a vintage driver himself!
Derek

PaceCars@aol.com wrote:

>Sounds like a pack of thieves out to steal someone else's hard work. What
>would car selection be based on? Highest bid? Favorite color? All it would
>take is a boycott to stop that bullshit dead in its tracks....so long as no
>other vintage group agrees to take it over. This could be a real test of the
>VMC and the vintage community in general. If they can destroy the Historics,
>no group is safe.
>Harold Pace

///
///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list