Re: Last ditch fogging solution

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Last ditch fogging solution
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:59:11 -0700 (MST)
   It literally snowed while we were running laps, and I was so badly
   fogged up I couldn't run.

Why, this reminds me very little of the time I was attending an autocross
school a few years back.  Hmm, it was in the Rust Rocket, so maybe a few
decades back.  Anyway, it was a dark and stormy day, I was sitting at the
start line, an instructor was riding with me.  It starts to hail, and he
says something like "Hey, the slippery surface should be good practice for
you." I launch, do a couple of small moves, then do a sharp 90 degree turn.
And then I start darting aimlessly about until I come to a stop.  The face
shield on my full face helmet had broken, so at the time I was running without
it.  And when I made that 90 degree turn, the hail was now blowing directly
into my helmet and nearly filled up the eyeport.  I had some trouble seeing.

mjb.

///
///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list
///