RE: a snug helmet?

To: "Charles F. Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: a snug helmet?
From: "Kerry Seibert" <ckchapel@fast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:09:51 -0500
"Relieved" to see that many others, besides me, have problems squeezing
glasses betwixt balaclava and a snug helmet. (I'm another Bell M2 guy)  This
past Oct at the SVRA Summit Point event, "one too many times" of trying to
wiggle my sunglasses through to find my earlobes resulted in a broken
earpiece.  It was too bright to run with just regular glasses and I didn't
want to take a chance running with only one arm holding them on.  So . . . .
.emergency paddock repair:  I took a stiff piece of wire and used it as a
"splint" for the two now-unattached pieces.  I then shrunk a section of heat
tubing (matching black color) around the assembly to hold it all together!
Strong, but maybe not too fashionable . . . . . .I will probably do the
other side to match and strengthen!

Cheers, Craig Seibert     1968 Morgan +8     car no. 611       "Duff Morgan
Racing"

PS  Patent pending . . . . . . . (grin)