RE: Question on HSR

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Question on HSR
From: "Craig J Froeter" <cjthedad@essex1.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:30:49 -0600
        We I don't usually respond to anything on the list because I too
have a job. I am also from the Midwest and have not run a HSR event and by
the sounds of this probably never will. For starters the name calling is
childish, lets grow up. Derek you can find the name at the top of the
e-mail. His name was Hugh. The argument about speeding to work, PLEASE can't
you do better than that? By the tone of your questions to Hugh, was the
competition director your brother.
        Hugh thank you for posting. Everyone needs to know about things of
this nature. When we take time out of our busy lives (I have no trust fund)
to attend an event with a group that we have run with in the past with no
problems then one day out of the blue everything is a problem we need to
know, so we can avoid them. Just because someone is appointed comp director
does not mean he has any common sense. An event I ran a year ago the comp
directors car was dieing on track so he was pulling off drivers right when
all of a sudden he realize that the corner workers were on the other side of
the track. SO he makes an immediate 90-degree left hand turn across track
right in front of traffic in clear view of everyone in the pits to see. A
friend of mine was lead car in that traffic and somehow avoided him. He then
returns to the pits and denies it ever happened, and he was comp director.
So just because someone is part of an organization does not mean he is going
to treat everyone fairly.
Race on, all you no trust fund racers.