Re: Question About a the Oldsmoble 61-62 Alumnum Block

To: tr6nut@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: Question About a the Oldsmoble 61-62 Alumnum Block
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:50:11 -0600
Yes, it is essentially the same V8 that ended up in a number of British
cars, including the TR8, the MGB GT V8 (not sold in U.S.), and more
lately in the Range Rover and the Discovery.  I understand that some
changes were made to the block over time to strengthen it, particularly
to accept a larger bore.  I've never heard of any inherent weakness of
the earlier versions, however.

David Littlefield