Re: Question About a the Oldsmoble 61-62 Alumnum Block

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question About a the Oldsmoble 61-62 Alumnum Block
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:52:21 +0100
The "Rover" (Buick) V8 is well-known in the UK, having been the mainstay of the
sports car and kit car industry for many, many years

There's a huge amount of knowledge over here on tuning and modifying the
engine. It was used by MG, Triumph, Rover, Land-Rover, Morgan, TVR, Ginetta and
many other manufacturers. Probably the highest-spec engines came from TVR
Engineering, in capacities up to 5 litres

The later Rover 3.9 (aka 4 litre) version introduced around 8 years ago is very
different to the earlier ones and is a far more modern engine. All these
engines are ten-a-penny here as old Range Rovers go to the great off road track
in the sky...

See

TVR Engineering
http://www.tvrengineering.co.uk/