Scam - laughable and lotuswebshop.com ?

To: lotus@se7ens.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Scam - laughable and lotuswebshop.com ?
From: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:24:33 -0800 (PST)
Hello gents,

Seeing as how the lists are rather quiet, and I offer
'classified ads' on SimpleSevens, I thought I might
educate y'all on one of the current scams going
round...

I placed an ad on the 'lotuswebshop.com' site in
February of 2001 for a set of wheels which sold soon
after. The ad is still there - does anyone know the
guy who maintains (or rather does not maintain) the
site?

Anyway, I've gotten several 'solicitations' like this
one:

Subject line: LOTUS WHEELS

Greetings Sir,

I am happy to notify you that i'm interested in buying
and I am offering US$500.00

Please if this offer is acceptable to you, kindly get
back to me with necessary details and pictures. Also
let me know the conditions. I will be needing the
following informations from you :-

* your full name and home address (P.O.Box is not
acceptable),
* your reconfirmed phone number (both home and
mobile),
* fax number (if possible),
* name and address of your bank, and
* telephone and fax number.

As a matter of fact, one of my agent/clients based
abroad is sourcing me some funds and the amount is
$4,800
and on my request he shall forward a certified cashier
check / amount to you.

After deducting your cost, can I trust you to send the
rest of the amount (i.e the excess fund). If you are
okay with doing this great favour for me, then get me
the above informations needed to send the cashier
cheque to you.

Thank you for your cooperation while anticipating your
earliest response.

Cole Smith.
The Redeem Chapel of Praise,
Church Secretary.

Church Secretary??? Come on!!! Anyway, I hope none of
you would fall for this!

Cheers,
John Donohoe
SimpleSevens.com