Sometimes I created sub-pages of exhibitors, sometimes only the .jpg
is available from this page.
The 65th Salon international de l'automobile was held in
Geneva between the 9th of March, until the 19th of March, 1995.
This year the show was extended: one new hall and a new
automuseum was added.
Let's see in alphabetic order what cars were there.
If You want to see the cars of the highlights of the show
click on the manufacturer's name after the report about
- AC Schnitzer -> Rinspeed
- Albar Two buggies.
- Alfa Romeo Modified 155. New engine: two-litre Twin
Spark 110 kW (150 HP). There was the DTM
version as well. The new 145 and 146 debuted in Switzerland as did
the GTV and the Spider.
- Alpina: New B8, based on M3 and the B8, based on the
new 7-series. Alpina B8
- Aston Martin Nothin' interestin' this time.
- Audi Big fuss around the A4.
- Automobiles High-Tech From an old Camaro they created
the Aryathis prototype Aryathis
- Avantgarde -> Rinspeed
- Bentley The new Azure was in the focus Bentley
- Bertone. There was a Lancia K based coupe, the Bertone Kayak and a cigar-lookin' electro,
the ZER (Zero Emission Record).
- Bitter The German firm is back from recession. Only one
car posed on the stand, the Type 3, which
is based on the new Opel Omega.
- Brabus/TVR They shared the place 'cuz the common
importeur. TVR showed the Cerbera here.
- Bugatti/Lotus Rumors said that Italdesign stopped the
development of the EB112 due to money problems. So there were
"only" EB110s. The Lotus part exhibited the new Esprit S4S
and the Esprit 300 Sport. If You want to see them click here: Lotus.
- Callaway Swiss premier of the American Chevrolet
- Carlsson C74 Mercedes 600 based 7.4 litre engine
555 HP 280 km/h max. speed.
- Castagna Two Italian businessmen bought the right to
own the name last summer and in five months they completed this
car. Pictures on the Castagna page.
- Caterham Swiss premier of the 21.
- Chrysler Nothin' new.
- Daewoo Debut of the South Korean manufacturer in
Switzerland. ItalDesign did a prototype on Daewoo base. The name
is Bucrane and was exhibited on both stands.
- Daihatsu Modified Cuore (Mira in Japan). Just to make
the visitors green they brought there the Mira Turbo from Japan
(it's available there). Also a prototype from the 1993 Tokyo Show,
the Multi Personal 4.
- DeTomaso A totally open version of the Guara but they
didn't give me any info on it.
- Esoro/Horlacher Two Swiss electro-car developer. The
latter showed a new model, named Saxi and it's like a coffe-automat
- Excalibur the emission-legal Cobra replica and the
- Exel French electro.
- Ferrari. The main atttraction was the F50 and the F355
Competizione but I forgot to ask details about the latter. There's some
pictures and info on the Ferrari in GenevaFiat Ther was the new Barchetta. This car is featured among other
- Ford Revised Escort, Windstar, new
Sauber-Ford C14 and for the supercar lovers, arrived from
Detroit the GT90.
- General Motors USA Due to the high demand of US cars in
Switzerland they are exhbitin' in Geneva every year. But there was
- Grandin An ugly lookin' Jeep-wanna-be from French.
It's 3.1 metre long, powered by an 1.4 litre Peugeot engine.
- Heuliez French designer group kinda like Pininfarina.
They're manufacturing the Citroen XM. Their prototype's name is
Vent Do'Ouest and it's a ZX cabrio.
- Honda European premier of the Odyssey MPV (named here
Shuttle) plus the NSX T-top.
- Hotzenblitz This is a German washing machine maker and
they created a small town car. Well, I have the separated section
for them for months. -> Hotzenblitz
- Hyundai HCD-III fresh from Detroit. I was wondering why
they painted Gilda on the car, but I got no answer.
- Irmscher Modified Tigra. But if something is ugly you
cannot change it.
- ItalDesign One of the plans how the new Lamborghini
will look like is the Italdesign Cala' and
the Daewoo based Bucrane.
- Italian Car Strange lookin' three-wheeler from You guess
where. The name is: Modulo
- Jaguar Last year they stormed the show with the new XJ
so this year there wasn't any novelties.
- Karmann They will manufacture the Ford Escort cabrio
so that was there along with the Kia Sportage, which also made in
- Kia Nuthin' new.
- Lada Samara everywhere.
- Lamborghini: Diablo 30 SE.
- Lancia new Delta 3d version, named HPE.
- Maserati They exhibited their whole range. The racing
version of the Ghibli'd be mentioned.
- Mazda To honor the Swiss debut of the new 323 they
exhibited a few old Mazdas: from the '60s 'til the '80s there were
5 older vehicles.
- Mega The French Aixam-Mega concern has lotsa parts:
they're producing hobbycars, minicars and a weird sportscar. Check
out the Mega page for more info.
- Mercedes There were "Lego-cars" in the history of the
automobile e.g the old Fiat 500 (Topolino) has had a soft-top so
You'd easily convert the small "limo" into a "cabrio. So Mercedes
exhibited the Vario Research Car. They played a game with the
journalists: now you see the car, now You don't! From time to time
they hide the car, tucked it to the back of the stand and then
presented it again with big fuss.
The other interesting car was the SL Limited Edititon. 40 years ago
Stirling Moss drove a Mercedes 300 SLR and won the Mille Miglia...
There were a few technical novelties: most interesting was the XBag
project: 17 airbag defend the passengers of the vehicle.
- Michalak The German design-studio, whose previous
concept car, the Conciso has been bought by a Canadian diamond-mine
onwer got a wrecked-nose Viper from one of their main client:
Chrysler (Michalak designin' interiors and such). So they
redesigned the nose, altered the interior, changed the windshield
and named the car Challenger
One of the designers told me
that this Viper wasn't excellent quality. "This car is one-year old and it
rusts all over".
- Microcar The main profile of the French Jeanneau is the
ship-makin'. Although it may sound contradiction but they also
producing mini towncars. So which of their product'd You expect at
- Mitsubishi The Swiss debut of the all-new European
designed and built Carisma which is solely destined for the
European market. It will be built in the Netherlands. Other
interesting models? The "new" 3000 GT, which didn't show up in the
official Mitsubishi press pack and the Space Gear minivan.
Well, here is a Mitsubishi page for you.
- Nissan new Maxima.
- Opel Another "Lego-car", the Maxx. On the racing scene
there was the new Calibra DTM-version. More details on the Opel in Geneva page.
- Peugeot A soon-to-be-produced hardtop on the 306 cabrio,
the Ion electro and two special versions of the 806. On the Peugeot page, you'd find more details about
the racers which were presented.
- Pininfarina They designed the
Ferrari F50, they are buildin' the
456GT, the Fiat Coupe and the Peugeot 306 cabrio. So they put
- Porsche Numerous variations on the
- Renault The Evado concept is a sneak-preview of the
Laguna wagon, which will be on the market in the autumn. They
presented a fantastic parade of racing cars. Most of them featured
on the Renault page. There is the new
Spider as well.
- Reliant There was the very ugly Sabre, which caused the
fail of Reliant (they were just saved by an engineering firm).
- Rinspeed Do not believe when You read that their new
Roadster is Swiss designed and built. It's a lie! The car
was designed by Daniel R. Panoz in the States back in 1989 and is
on the market since 1992 as Panoz Roadster. The chief of Rinspeed
altered a few things, so now two versions made in the States: the
Panoz Roadster for the American and the Rinspeed Roadster for the
Rinspeed importing the products of the German Audi-modifier
Avantgarde and the German BMW-modifier AC Schnitzer
directory of my ftp site..
- Rover There letters for You: MGF. I have some details
about it with pictures ktud MG dir but I'd
rather recommend David Hackett's
- Sbarro There was a Ferrari Testarossa based dark green
colored sports coupe, named Alca
(49 KB) . It was designed and
made in the design school of Franco Sbarro. The pupils also made a city
car, named Mandarine.
- Seat I was told that the Seat-version of the VW Sharan
was presented. I didn't notice that :-)
- Skoda Swiss debut of the new Felicia. The Skoda started
the celebration of the centenarium.
- SsangYong Finally a manufacturer, which first debuted in
Hungary and then in Switzerland! The Korean group presented the
pretty Musso off-roader.
- Steyr-Daimler-Puch: Puch G everywhere.
- Strosek Their pin-headlight Diablo is a lot prettier
than the original but it's hardly new.
- SubaruThere was nothin' to be excited about. But wait!
I scanned a picture of the rally version of the Impreza.
- Sunel The Swiss company importing electros from all
around the world: from Hawaii sourcing the
SunRay, from Dania the City-
el (40 KB) , from French the Erad
Spacia (84 KB)
- Suzuki Swiss debut of the new family car,
- Toyota 5-door version of the RAV4 was the highlight of
the huge Toyota/Lexus stand.
- Twike Swiss electro prototype. Three-wheeler and little
bit strange lookin'.
- Valmet This Finnish company manufactures the Saab 900
cabrio. They designed a new kind of soft-top so they created a
prototype "topped" with this soft-top.
- Venturi Nuthin' new but after the show I got info about
their new Atlantique.
- Volkswagen They concentrate on the Sharan MPV.
- Volta This is another French electro, but I have more
info about this. So go Volta
- Volvo BTCC version of the saloon. As I don't have info
just a picture I'm leaving the thumbnail version. Click on the
Volvo 850 BTCC saloon name.
- Zagato The downall of the once famous Italian studio'd
be seen: small place, shitty quality press pack (one-page
photocopied description of the Hyena Final Edition with a slide).
- Zlatko Last minute arrival of a Croatian company. The
representatives could not speak English, but they speak French.
Chris Rees also speaks French so here goes what he got from them:
Ferrari 308-based glass-fibre bodied coupe prototype, claimed max.
speed is over 400 km/h. (It's ridiculous). Here is an image: Zlatko.jpg (47 KB).
Go back to my main page
Copyright March 1995.
Paul Negyesi .
I have no responsibility for the accuracy of the above info.
This document or parts of it cannot be used for commercial