Re: parts catalogues

From: Russell Maddock (rmaddock(at)petrie.starway.net.au)
Date: Fri Oct 17 1997 - 06:17:06 CDT

Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) wrote:

> Is this hand beat pieces, or has someone gotten the old dies/fabricated
> new ones.
>
> How does CCD campare to the quality and fit of the ellusive Rob Martel?
>
> Where "besides VB" is the junk coming from?
>
> Jarrid Gross.

According to the blurb in an advertisement for Classic Car Developments,
the panels are "manufactured without compromise on specially designed
machinery".

From what I've been reading in the SAOC's "Alpine Horn" the panels are
highly regarded. They seem to be considered the next best thing to the
genuine article. The Association of Rootes Car Clubs was sufficiently
impressed with CCD to contract them to remanufacture panels for other
Rootes models.

Russell