Camshafts

Subject: Camshafts
From: Simon Sparrow <Simon.Sparrow@wang.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 07:51:50 +1300
I'm going to get a couple of spare cylinder heads for my P76 V8, and get
them reconditioned and mildly ported. Once this is done, I'll be able to
swap them over with the ones already on the engine. While I'm doing this,
I'll be taking a look at the camshaft (or what is visible...)

I intend to stick with the standard cam (I believe thats whats in my engine)
but would like to know how to tell if its worn at all. Do I just inspect the
bottom of the lifters for wear patterns, or is it worth measuring the lift
on each valve to see if there is any great differences.

If the cam needs replacing does anyone have any recommendations? My car is a
Rover P5B (about 1500Kgs) with Toyota 5-speed manual. So basically, I'm not
looking for huge power at 7000RPM......

> .-->

Simon Sparrow

Enterprise Network Architect