Re: Which heads to use on my 266 CI engine? -Reply

To: Lar Kaufman <lark@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: Which heads to use on my 266 CI engine? -Reply
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 18:38:54 -0500
Lar-

A friend of mine has at least 1 set of Olds heads, maybe 2. The problem
is, that valve train components for the Olds heads are
difficult/impossible to find. Buick/Rover heads use pieces still in
production, for instance, 215 Buick rocker shafts are the same as Buick
350 rocker shafts. Why not use Buick/Rover heads, all are aluminum, & I
would guess the weight differences are slight. Now if you are talking
Buick 300 Aluminum heads, there was no Olds version, & the Buick
aluminum heads were 1964 only( supposedly, but I have heard of, not
seen,1965 alumunum heads.).

Let me know if you want the Olds heads, I will put you in touch with
Dave.

Jim Stuart