Re: Part number/source help

To: horne@cs.utexas.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Part number/source help
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:28:58 EDT
Patrick,

While I can't answer your questions about the carb parts, I can give you a
tip about the fuel line.  Instead of using vacuum line, I would suggest that
you go to a small enging parts store with the carb in hand.  Tell them that
you need a piece of fuel line to go from (show them where) for a pair of
carbs.  The stuff that they have is made for use with gasoline in a high
temperature, high vibration environment.  (kind like below the carbs by the
exhaust manifold imho)  I picked up a piece that was big enough to cut 3
lines from (always need a spare!) for about a buck!  Beats the $22 for the
molded stuff.  Also, this fuel line resists kinking (think about the insides
of a leaf blower or weed whacker - not much room) and comes in cool colors!
(mine are yellow.)

Sid