Re: For Sale: $25,000 Roadster

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Re: For Sale: $25,000 Roadster
From: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:27:38 -0500
Let's check this guys salesmanship:

> "As I walked into the building one of the owners walked out and
> immediately told me that the colour of my car was not original and tried to
> point out other unoriginal things too."

1. Always greet the potential customer with a warm opening statement. He nailed
that one.

> " I didnt want to continue telling him he was wrong so I let him go on and on.
> Especially about the unoriginal rollbar."

2. Always let the customer respond to your opening statement. By offering
additional comments about your car he has now bonded with you.

>  "The dealership owner went on telling me that the car was a showcar, was a
> showcar and it was a showcar."

3. Repeat rule #2.

> "I told him that I recognized the car and I even told him who it belonged too.
> He replied that he didn't know and walked away.

4. This is the best one. Just thank God that this guy isn't in charge of
anything
important.

>  "He told me that the reason he placed it at $25K because he was trying to
>help
> the Datsun Roadster Market."

> " Especially after he told me that he thought there was a six cylinder
> version."

>  "He also wanted to know my opinion on the 1971 Datsun Roadster."

>  "In closing his comments were that the 1969 was the best year of the
>Roadsters
> and wondered if I knew that.  I told him that it just might be."

> "He also believes that his dealership is responsible for the prices of the
> older Porches being what they are today."

>  "Afterall, who am I to know."_________________________________

Thank goodness you got out of their without buying several cars from this
guy!Steve Harvey