Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?

To: stickerman@home.com, solex67@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 00:13:12 EDT
<<  All I am asking is for one GOOD reason these are undervalued.  I have
 not heard one yet >>

Hello,

I think that is a good point.  It seems that we all rely on only one source
for auto pricing/value.  And of course that would be the Kelly Bluebook.  But
where do they get there information from.  How do they determne what a used
car is worth.  Especially the older used cars such as our Datsun Roadsters.

I visited the Kelly Blue Book site this evening and learned quite abit about
the companies history.  It started in 1918 as Kelly Car Company with three
Model T's and a company name.  It eventually evolved into what is considered
the largest auto dealership in the world.

Anyway, the story goes on and on but there was nothing to indicate how used
cars are valued.  There is alot involved I am sure.  Automotive
manufacturers, insurance companies...etc.

I intended to say that I plan to bump up the price to anyone who asks me what
the value of my Roadster is but I just dont know how.  I am curious what the
formula is that the folks a KBB used to set prices on our cars.

Quantity produced...?  Original selling price...?  Marque history...?  What
else?  Ferrari's have always commanded a high resale and indeed they are
spectaclur.  But what about the Toyota 2000 of the sixties?  It too was a
beautiful car and commands a super high pricetag.  Almost like the Ferraris.
Whats up?

So, once again my car is probably a 9,000 dollar car.  And only to a person
who really knows the cars.  But to the reader of KBB it is just another old
Japanese car worth $3 to 5K depending on the mileage, (yeah right) options,
(well our roadsters came loaded from the factory), rust...?

After all of this I am still at a loss.  I guess I will refer to the folks of
KBB.

www.kbb.com

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex