Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 14:08:35 -0700
I basically understand and agree with the list members who don't want to see
the roadster community turn into a bunch of nose-in-the-air dilettantes who
only appreciate a car as an investment. I like the people we have, and I want
the roadster to be accessible to the true enthusiasts.

On the other hand, market value of an older car does say something about the
percieved significance of a model, and that's where the roadster has always had
a problem. We can't get no respect! Those of you who have happened to read my
article about the "Unrecognized Classic" (
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/onroad.html#roadsterhist ) know what I'm talking
about. I'd like to see our cars recognized for their historical significance.
When and if that ever happens, I expect the prices will go up.

They'll never be worth a bazillion dollars like a Ferrari GTO, but they should
be worth a heck of a lot more than an MGB or Triumph.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org