Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?

To: "Mark Dent" <stickerman@home.com>, "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 19:00:05 -0500
>Andrew Murphy wrote:
>>
>> Yes, he could. There is a nice 67.5 2000 Solex for sale on racer-net for
>> 17k. It looks to be in great shape.
>
>Ok, If a nice one is worth 17, from what I have seen and heard of
>Brian's it should be worth 25
>
>All I am asking is for one GOOD reason these are undervalued.  I have
>not heard one yet
Since collectability and value are such emotional and fad-driven things,
a good reason isn't really needed.  If these cars were as overvalued as
Jag E-Types,TRs or Sunbeam Tigers, many of us (myself included) couldn't
afford them.  Since I didn't get into this to turn a profit, I'm quite
happy to own an unappreciated gem!

Marc T.