Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?

To: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: $25,000 Roadster: Why not?
From: Jim Tyler <toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:00:08 -0400
Roman's and Mark's post are sound.   What follows is solid thinking.

The fact is that parts and maintenance is already expensive
and that will only continue.   Nissan raises some of their prices every
quarter.  They have to, since the cost of staying open constantly increases
(cost of buildings, labor, insurance, everything).
300 dollar cams, 1500-2000 solex kits, 1000.00 fenders etc.

Looking at it another way, if the cars continue to be worth
less complete than parted out, those who are trying to keep them
undervalued are just condemning them to death by being parted out.
Since there will be fewer and fewer around, the price will ultimately go up
anyway.  Same endpoint, different course.

Personally I would rather see more survive, and the way that happens is
for their value to increase.

Like I said,  If perceived as collectors items, that is what they will be,
if perceived as junk, they WILL get junked.

Jim