value of a 67.5 2000

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: value of a 67.5 2000
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:39:48 -0500
thought I'd put in my own 2 cents on this one. let's consider a parts car.
according to Old Cars Price Guide, last I looked, all 2000's were lumped
together and they had condition 6 around $375. and condition 5 around $750. I
think this is a bit off. take a rust bucket 67.5 Solex that needs a
rebody....as parts value alone....

$1,000   value of used solex setup and comp oil pan
$   500   rest of the engine (conservative)
$   350   transmission
$   100   driveshaft
$   500   gauges, radio console w/radio (priced a tach?)
$   250   top assembly
$   100   radiator
$   250   pair of decent rechromable bumpers

$3,050. so far.

let's relate all this to SRL311-00038, for sale in Chicago. it happens to have
all of the above, in addition has a very good RR quarter and rear panel. add
another $750. to the value list. obviously there are doors, hood, trunk lid,
rear end, etc. anyhow, to those who would tell the seller that the car is only
worth $1500-$2000,  the fact that this is all it is worth to you personally
does not mean it necessarily represents the value of the vehicle.

off my soapbox for now,
Craig Halsted