RE: value of a 67.5 2000

To: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Subject: RE: value of a 67.5 2000
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:20:33 -0800
Victor wrote:
> If there's anybody that wants to sell me a solex set up with manifold for
> $900, I'm ready! The market indicates $2 - 2.5k new!

And the magic word you said is: NEW.
You're going to find darn few 30 year old units that don't have a fist
full of problems. Look at the SU's: To get a set really well built back
up to 'like new' takes a core _plus_ and additional $550. So most of
us put up with the slight stumble and air leaks, and spend the $550 to
pay the electric bill (Mine isn't that high - yet. But I digress..).

Although I still buy too much used stuff - and with our cars, often that's
all we can get - I have learned that 'slightly used' is still USED. It
doesn't matter if it's only a 'little' broken - broke is broke.

-- John