Re: value of a 67.5 2000

To: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@nycap.rr.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: value of a 67.5 2000
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:31:14 -0500
False logic--Craig you're completely discounting the value of the labor to
remove/store/ship all of those parts.  The value of parts on the parts
market is always way higher than the value of those parts collectively as a
car.  This is because parts available for sale are stored somewhere (on or
off a car) and are ready to be sent to a willing buyer.  A parts car can be
a part resource, but to get the part-market value for each part involves
lots of time and labor--nearly always the most expensive cost to a business.

Perhaps you could go into business buying roadster parts cars and parting
them out, seeing as how all of these cars are discounted below their true
value.  If you do, you'll find that our parts vendors (and Nissan,
considering the costs of 30+ years of storage) aren't making all that much
money for all that they do.