Re: No Thermostat

To: "L Jordan" <ay107@lafn.org>, "roadster" <roadster@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: No Thermostat
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 17:55:33 -0400
That's a valve from the early cars and the one I have. As soon as you
mentioned square base I recognized it. The water will not gush out and
there's probably crud blocking the passageway of the valve making the
coolant come out even slower. When I removed the plug on my block I saw all
kinds of crud blocking the passage. I used a Dremel before I brought the
block in for machine work and boiling.

Mike