Re: 1500 on Ebay is the engine an R-16?

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>, marc@animalfirm.com
Subject: Re: 1500 on Ebay is the engine an R-16?
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 17:52:20 -0700 (PDT)
That is an early 1600 valve cover with venting to the
breather.  Does not look like a 1600 head though,
unless he modified the thermostat housing...nice car,
but not an "original restoration", and how good can
the handling be with the leaf springs upside down..

Mike
'66 1600
Charleston SC

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/